Monday, January 27, 2014

a whale of a time.


My sister-in law is having a baby in March, and we're SO excited to meet our future little nephew
and become Aunt Kay Kay and Uncle Tom Tom. :) 

Jenny had her baby shower this past weekend and even though we already purchased her gift, I saw this pin on pinterset and since they're decorating the nursery in a nautical whale theme I just HAD to make this for her.


I loved the simplicity of this painting. I was too afraid to free hand the whale with paint so I sketched out my whale and carefully painted the outline of this canvas in the navy color I picked out. 

The hardest part of this little craft project was letting my canvases dry so I could paint the spout of water. I'm so happy with how it turned out and I just LOVE it. 


And the best part is that Jenny loved it too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment