Tuesday, January 21, 2014

a belated birthday.


Lara's birthday is six days before Christmas. We had grand plans to all get together and celebrate her Birthday all before we left to go see our families for Christmas. However, her husband came down with the flu causing her and their one month old newborn to pack up and head straight to her mom's house to quarantine herself and the little one. So there went the Birthday plans.. until this past weekend!!
Lar and I took a trip to Whole Foods with Liliana and unbeknown to Lara the boys were at home decorating their house and picking up the Sprinkle Cake I made for her the night before! :)

      

She had no idea and was so excited that we 
were FINALLY celebrating her Birthday
... just under a month late. :) 


Look at that cute little family. 


And this little party animal! 

You can find the sprinkle cakes all over Pinterest and I've been dying to make one. I opted to go for the thicker Rainbow Sprinkles rather than the tiny dot sprinkles. Although I love the look of the tiny dot sprinkles on the cakes, I wanted to keep the mess of it all a bit under control. 


And the best part is that it tasted good too!! 


I'm SO happy with how it turned out! Even if I'll be finding sprinkles when 
we move out of this apartment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment