Sunday, September 16, 2012

engaged!

We're getting married. 
Even typing that out causes a whole mess of excitement that just makes me smile. 


I have two pictures from the night Thomas proposed. And if I knew the engagement was actually coming I'm sure I would have at least thirty more.
Needless to say, I was shocked. Thomas wanted it to be a surprise, and holy crap he surprised me. Surprised me soooo good that it took me three days to recover and actually answer him. Looking back on it I must be pretty dense to not know what he was up too.. and the poor guy, how awful am I to make him sweat like that.. good thing he loves me oh-so-much and still wanted me after those three days!

Thomas had a whole scavenger hunt planned from the moment I got off work.


Nothing like the scavenger hunt I planned for him for his birthday. This time we went everywhere.. where we first met, which was at a baseball field for a work softball game.. our first date.. back to work.. I even had a thought bubble while this was going on about how cute this would be for an engagement.. but again with the dense brain of mind I immediately went to: "What a fun Friday night! How cute is this date?!"

cutie in a tie no less. ;) 

My last clue lead to the beloved fish tank.. "Look in the sand and you will see something left behind from me." Naturally I was more concerned about looking for my next clue to actually "look in the sand," and didn't see the beautiful engagement ring sitting in the sand bed of the fish tank. So, this is about when shock entered. Thomas being the good southern gentleman, was the one who reached in and fished out the ring, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Complete. Shock. And silence. I was soo caught off guard. I had no clue it was coming and I couldn't say yes.. not because I didn't want too, but the shock that I was feeling was masking every other feeling and if I was going to say yes, I wanted it to be a true and real from the heart YES. And the fact that I don't have an impulsive bone in my body didn't help.. this is coming from the girl who decided to buy a DSLR camera and then FINALLY purchased it 6 months later..  
Luckily for me, I have a boy who understands me and loves me and when I came back to him three days later with my YES! he was right there with the ring still wanting me as his wife.


And oh my goodness I want to reenact and put my ring back into the fish tank sooo bad just to get a picture, but every time I even think about doing it I can't bring myself to put my pretty sparkly ring back in the tank.. my brain screams, fish poop! fish poop! And diamonds should never touch things like that... ha.
One thing I've noticed since being engaged is that I have a greater sense of.. safety, for lack of a better word. I love Thomas so much and to know that he's right there with me forever is so comforting and safe. I'm so excited for our wedding. What a great thing, to stand before our families and let them witness the fact that we love each other and that we're in this together, through thick and thin, the ugly tears and good ones. I've got the support of a loved one and he's got mine. I simply love that.


October 11, 2013.. here we come. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment